List of Cities in Wayne County:
Government in Wayne County
Wayne County is Michigan's only "charter county", with a home rule charter setting up its structures within limits set in state law and constitution. All other Michigan county governments are structured according to state law, without a locally adopted charter.
The county government operates the jail, maintains rural roads, keeps files of deeds and mortgages, maintains vital records for all areas except Detroit, administers public health regulations, and participates with the state in the provision of welfare and other social services. Most other local government functions – police and fire, building and zoning, tax assessment, street maintenance, etc. – are the responsibility of individual cities and townships.
Wayne County Elected officials
- County Executive: Robert A. Ficano (Democrat)
- Prosecuting Attorney: Kym L. Worthy (Democrat)
- Sheriff: Warren C. Evans (Democrat)
- County Clerk: Cathy M. Garrett (Democrat)
- County Treasurer: Raymond J. Wojtowicz (Democrat)
- Register of Deeds: Bernard J. Youngblood (Democrat)
- County Board of Commissioners: Jewel C. Ware, Chairwoman (Democrat) 15 members, elected from districts (14 Democrats, 1 Republican)
- Circuit Court (3rd Circuit encompasses Wayne County): 66 judges (non-partisan)
- Probate Court: 8 judges (non-partisan)
Call me, discuss my fee, and let me assess your case today. You can call me direct on (877) OWI-LAWS or my cell at (248) 752-5663 or you can complete the free online case review and I'll contact you.